Saturday 10 March 2018

Something Simple for the Weekend...Thank You...

So I had to make some different cards for my Thank Yous for February class customer/orders ... as they had already made this Waterfront/Charming Cafe card in classes ... (which I had then made for my online ordering customers)

And seeing as I know their favourite colours... it just had to be a re-run of this Sweet & Sassy die-cut & Sale A Bration Heartfelt Blooms card... which also meant I could try out a few tweaks as I went along...

First up was to white emboss the greeting... looks so much better but of course sadly the card was going to warp from the heat... so great idea with a panel under a heart die-cut mat on a card blank... but too many heavy books required to straighten out the straightforward embossing on the card blank for me!!! Wouldn't crafty life be simple if all these products/techniques didn't have their individual querks!!

So Berry Burst for Andrea...
And Perfect Plum for Jane...
Second up was to stamp with White Craft ink... which is still the best white ink I have ever tried!!!... and I tried about 10 prior to this one.... Great when viewed on its own.. but when you compare it side by side to the white embossed image... well!

So Elegant Eggplant for Nicky...
And Island Indigo for Zoe... and do not adjust your screen with this one...I had to turn the image after I added the watermark! Oops!!!
Third up was to revert back to Archival Black ink... 

So Wisteria Wonder for Jill...
And Sahara Sand for Sarah... who has only just realised that this maybe one of her actual favourite colours!!
So... apart from those mentioned above...  and thank you again ladies... 

Which would you choose?

Oh... and an added extra for you... as I suddenly needed to make another Sympathy card mid-making-stream... Smoky Slate with black greeting...
So glad I bought the Sweet & Sassy dies after all... should have done it years ago!

No comments: