Saturday 24 February 2018

Waterfront ... out of the Frame...

So ... some of the classes here last week were focused on the Waterfront stamp set... with the chance to go step by step as everyone had the stamps! Which is something that has not happened for a while...

I think this card was my overall favourite... but there again I do have a thing about going "out of the frame"
Again a 10.5cm (US Letter 4 1/4") small square card blank... with a 7cm (2 3/4") Soft Sky mat...

Stamping details pretty much as per this card... apart from

(1) sticking the die cut largest Stitched Shapes square frame straight onto the card blank with temporary glue before doing all the stamping... and yes you do get gaps at either side... but that it what the 7cm (2 3/4") Soft Sky mat covers up!

(2) Wisteria Wonder mountains twice... in from the left and then in from the right...  with 2nd stamping ones behind too (ie ink & stamp... say the mountains coming in from the left... then lift your stamp up... raise slightly upwards and shift to the left slightly... then stamp... with no inking in between aka 2nd Stamping... )
(3) Smoky Slate mountains in the centre... to the back... with 2nd stamped ones behind those to the right and to the left... which means that the second lot of paler mountains were inked and then "stamped off" onto scratch paper before stamping onto my scene...

(3) the addition of a little line to define the land/horizon... which makes such an enormous difference! Simply a partial inking of the "single line" stamp... ie place the stamp along the edge of the Tranquil Tide inkpad so that you only ink about 1-2 mm (1/16" ish!) on the edge of the stamp... and then use that inked area along your horizon line... in from the left...  and then in from the right...

Though beware of "unintended clear block inking disasters"... having a tissue at the ready to clean your block is definitely a good idea!!! Says 8/10 people here this week... including me virtually every time!! Single line and mountains too...
(4) Greetings from the Sale A Bration Heartfelt Blooms stamp set in Memento Black... I really do love the greetings in from the set... the flowers appear to be Marmite! You either love or hate them... but please look past them at the greetings if you are a hater! They are free with a £45 order after all...

(5) No sun... no sky...

(6) Birds from High Tide... and yes I did quickly snip my "flock of birds" stamp into two... as I do so like the little trio in my Waterfront scenes... and not just for covering "blobs" (which is why I used them in the first place!)

And here are a couple with different greetings...both from Heartfelt Blooms...
And for those of you looking for some of the others I have just posted on Facebook... click on the photo below to go to the details for that card... 




14 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE IT!! super gorgeous cards!!

Amanda said...

Thank you Holly... this one I will admit to loving too!!

Jenna ♥ said...

Such a great project - love the image in a few layers. Have a great day. Hugs Jenna

Amanda said...

Thank you Jenna... and I hope you having a lovely day too....

Kevonacrafts said...

Thank you for this project it’s beautiful

Amanda said...

Thank you Donna... and thank you for visiting me today....

Lynn said...

Love this card. Am going to give it a go now.

Amanda said...

Thank you Lynn.. and enjoy!
And I now have a few more “out of the frame” ideas to post.... probably next week...

Scrappin' Cat! said...

Beautiful card! Thank you so much for taking the time to write out the instructions. I can't wait to attempt to recreate this beauty.

Amanda said...

Thank you... and I hope you enjoy making it...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards - thanks so much for sharing! This is one of my favourite stamp sets!

Amanda said...

Thank you Deborah... and me too... and it was an immediate love when I saw the Spring Summer Catalogue!

Hoosierstampgirl said...

Beautiful cards!Thanks for including the imperial/inches measurements. I can figure it out but it's nice to have it included. TFS!!!

Amanda said...

Thank you... and my pleasure!