Friday 5 May 2017

A6 U Fold Card Tutorial for Fancy Fold Friday

Back to the U Fold Card  .... and a tutorial for you as this is resized specifically to fit the Star Blast die cut... and it is also the perfect size for fitting the card in a C6 envelope... so this will now be my go-to Small U Fold Card sizing...

It doesn't however fit in the SU! Medium Envelopes... which I presume are a US Standard envelope... so my US readers may wish to visit my very first U Fold Card (aka modified Centre Box Card) share in this post... (the one with the Palm Trees!) with both a metric tutorial and Liza's linked inches tutorial... that one does fit in the Medium Envelope...

You will need...

A4 Thick Whisper White 22.5 x 10.5cm (or 22.5 x 21cm if you want to do 2 at the same time like I do!)
A4 Thick Whisper White 15.5 x 8.5cm (*)
Paper for Back 8x10cm
Paper for Front/Sides 6 x 10cm (x2)
* Not got the Star Blast dies... shame but never fear... cut 15.5 x 3cm instead... and do something like this!)

And here is what you need to do...

1. Place the large Whisper white panel LANDSCAPE (long side along top) on your trimmer
2. Score at 3.5, 7, 15.5 & 19cm

3. If doing 2 up... Turn 180 degrees so PORTRAIT (short side along top) and cut at 10.5cm

4. Bone Fold Mountain, Valley, Valley, Mountain
5. Basic card done! Now wasn't that easy...

6. Die cut the smaller piece of Whisper White centrally using Star Blast die (note that the card panel is wider than the die!)
7. Snip at either side where shown...
8. Ink up & stamp as necessary

9. Cut the 2 smaller paper panels in half  PORTRAIT at 3cm
10. Adhere these cut panels to front and sides
11. Adhere larger paper to back

12. Adhere left side of front die cut piece to folded left hand side (NOTE - think about where your glue needs to go... or rather not go!!)
13. Fold the Left hand side over (so flat) and adhere the right hand side (again - think re glue!)
14. Finish decoration...
The card decoration is kept simple...

Front star panel stamped with a large greeting... and centre back stamped with the star flourish  - both from from the co-ordinating Birthday Blast stamp set

Sponge Brayered Irresistibly Floral papers on the sides

A Basic Black Star Blast die-cut added to the back of the white stars panel to add more definition
Whereas the first one had another Sponge Brayered Irresistibly Floral panel on the centre back and a gold glimmer Star Blast die cut added to the front of the white stars panel... and the side papers were added after the white Star Blast die cut panel...
Here are my Star Blast duo of cards together...
And before I go today... I have a few more of these to share in the pipeline... some which look completely different!... so keep watching this space!

7 comments:

Kate M said...

Well how about that!! I have actually made this card and it's only 8:55 a.m. You have certainly made me want to make this one, and apart from sticking on the middle panel before I stuck on the DSP on the side panels (and quickly taken off!) I have managed it quite nicely.Will keep the trial one as a prototype to remind me of the fold. Thanks for the inspiration Amanda! xx

Amanda said...

Oh you speed crafter you.... Thanks and my pleasure as always Kate! Hope they like.... my ladies were delighted with this fold as SO easy with that WOW...

Mitosu Crafts said...

Thank you for sharing. I tried it using different products...nowhere near as good as yours Amanda. You make it look so easy! Back to the drawing board for me lol. Jay

Amanda said...

Thanks and Lol Jay... I just know you will make something amazing with the fold... if at first and all that! I am looking forward to seeing one from you!

witchypoo said...

I love the look of this card fold, but just can't get my head around how it will fold flat to go in a C6 envelope ? I have seen a few of them but I don't understand how they fold flat at all !

Amanda said...

Thanks...and it is truly a great Fold in my humble opinion! It just folds to the side (push to the right or left) and then it is flat! Same as assembly point 13... More obvious when you make one and have in front of you....

Unknown said...

Love this now trying to fathom if I can do it A5 size for a few special Christmas cards