Tuesday 28 March 2017

Avant Garden Palm Trees Scene & Tutorial

Finally finished off a card project I started a while back!  As soon as I came up with the Avant Garden Palm Trees idea as shared here and here... the "daydream" stamp from Designer Tee and a hammock between palm trees beckoned me... but I had to go and create for my booked classes instead... so it went off to the side...

So today I grabbed my Serene Scenery paper stack and got to work. Love that the sky & clouds paper works so well for sea.... and that the dandelions paper works so well for a sunset sky... don't know why I didn't see these until today! But I am off to purchase some more now... makes cardmaking scenes so simple!
Stamped black sentiments both from Designer Tee (yours for free with a £45 order until Friday!) Have to admit that this is my most used Sale A Bration set...and not a T-shirt in sight (yet!)

Palm Trees stamped and given the Touches of Texture treatment as already shared here...

Hammock just a small piece of folded stripey ribbon with Linen Thread stapled along the back so I could attach to the trees (yes a few sewn hand-stitches would have been better... but I was a woman on a mission...and I can't sew!!)
Interestingly the card format I used changed suddenly from my original plan... as I saw this super Centre Box Card by Liza last night and had to make a version of the fold (without the extra box part as not needed on this occasion)... so thanks to Liza for immediately inspiring me to make this.... a super but simple fancy fold.... And it all folds to fit into a Medium Crumb Cake envelope (or a standard C6 envelope would work too)
My measurements are different as from our A4 card...
So this card is 10.5 x 21cm Thick Whisper White.
Scored when LANDSCAPE (long side at top!) at 3.5; 7; 14 and 17.5cm.

Paper Panels are 3x10cm (x4 for Fronts & Sides) and 6.5x10cm for the Back Panel.
Bottom Panel is Thick Whisper White 2.3 x 14cm & DSP 2 x 13.5cm

Enjoy! I did... and I don't think this is the last you will see of this card fold...
And remember...Sale A bration finishes this Friday 31st March... and that both Avant Garden and Designer Tee are stamps you can earn for free with a £45 order... full set pictures here... 
Related image
Image result for designer tee stampin up

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your card is awesome! Now I need to case it!!! Thanks for the link up!!
Liza

Amanda said...

Thank you and thank you again for your timely share of the card fold Liza... hope you get your hammock neater than mine!!

Anonymous said...

Great Card... love it!

Amanda said...

Thanks Sue...it just had to be done....

Shari said...

I'm going to have to make this card now. I can't see how it folds down.

Amanda said...

Thank you Shari... it just folds over to the side... see last but one photo....
PS tutorial for new version posted just yesterday... fits better into a standard C6envelope (unless ur in the US... in which case this sizing fits your envelopes better!)