Wednesday 16 November 2016

Santa's Sleigh in the Sky...

Special card made for my All Day events this week... 8 reindeer flying into the sky pulling Santa's Sleigh...

Now I have to admit that the reindeer pulling a sleigh on a Double Z Fold card was not my original idea... I was completely inspired when I saw this stunning card shared by Kathy Wayson back in August. So I immediately put the Santa's Sleigh stamps and dies on my next order...
Santa's Sleigh (this project is not on her blog, she posted on FB, just making sure to give credit where credit is due :) created by: Kathy Wayson):
And I was definitely not alone in adoring this card... as many other Stampin' Up! demonstrators have been inspired to make their own version... so there are many beautiful Santa's Sleigh Double Z Fold cards out there if you Google it.... or search on Pinterest...

But I had a few other ideas of my own!
I knew I had to make the reindeer fly up into the air! So it had to be a Large Square Double Z Fold Card and my Staircase Double Z Fold card method ending up coming into its own for a second time! See points 4-11 for the acetate part - you need a 6.2cm A4 piece of acetate scored at 14.8 & 7.4cm  and note that you need to line up at 2.5cm to the LHS in point 6 as the fold stands the other way round - or 3" x 11" for US measurements - scored at 2 3/4" & 5 1/2" - lined up at 1" to the LHS

I had to have the full compliment of 8... as in "On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer and Vixen, On Comet, on Cupid, on Donner and Blitzen!" Quickly achieved by turning the Double Z Fold card in the opposite direction to the usual... Though I have now thought of a way to add Rudolph at the front too... Maybe another day!

And I was definitely using my favourite Fancy Frost papers to create a snowy little scene as the background...
And the trees had to be stamped on the Presents & Pinecones Mint Macaron paper as I had stocked up on that already!

So there you have it... a card that has been causing a real WOW in the flesh... thank you Kathy Wayson for inspiring us all....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.....You beat me to it! I've been sitting here the last couple of nights playing around with how I want to decorate my Z-Fold cards - the stairs as well as the sleigh & deer. At one point I was thinking about flipping the card fold in the opposite direction........and here you've done that. I do like that you got all 8 reindeer on the card! Good job!!

Anne said...

Fabulous. I did version of one Sharon did on Blog Hop - all thirteen ladies made one. Had to pre cut the reindeer would have taken too long for them to do themselves :-) DH cut them for me- 100 reindeer in total. Want to try your version now! x

Amanda said...

Thanks Lisa... So now you can be... On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer and Vixen, On Comet, on Cupid, on Donner and Blitzen!!

Amanda said...

Thanks Anne... oh your poor husband!!! He deserves a medal!!