Friday 3 June 2016

Baby Bear in Blue

OK I can't wait any longer to share my number 1 favourite stamp set in the catalogue... Introducing Baby Bear... Can't you just see why my Ted and I were so happy to see him in the SU catalogue.... and I wasn't alone when Stampin Up! unveiled him at the On Stage event... he definitely got the biggest reaction! He is going to be VERY popular.....#bringingback the bear ...
Baby Bear turned up yesterday in my Display Stamper "thank you" box from Stampin Up! - and I was SO happy to meet him.... and to put him to work straightaway with a card for a friend (with 10 minutes notice!! But hey this time I was quite happy to oblige...)
Obviously it was going to be another Pop Up Z Fold card... well I only had 10 minutes after all!! And of course I don't have lots of pretty papers yet as they are travelling over from Germany as I write.... so the Subtles paper stack came to the rescue....
The bears are a 3 step stamp set... stamp each of them over each other and you end with a very realistic looking furry bear....  I was lucky enough to have a play at our Monthly Training and a team Social Stamping event... so I knew which colours I wanted to use.... and how to best stamp my little friend ( I had started off with quite a few mis-stamped - or fuzzy bears!)

My number 1 tip is to use the Thick Mat to stamp on!!! I could not get the image right without....
I also find it much easier to stamp the bears the reverse way round to that intended.... starting with the detail (no 3) in Tip Top Taupe; no 2 in Crumb Cake and finally no 1 (filler) in Sahara Sand. Much easier to see through the clear block & stamp and therefore to line things up....
I did stamp 2 images...and shock horror... cut off one head!!! Ouch... But it was worth it as he has rather come to 3D life as a result.... And I did "stretch" the bow and the card around his feet so as to add more shape... again bringing him to life a bit more....
And I ink up and stamp the 2 bow parts as follows.... neat Pool Party detail stamp first...followed by stamped off Pool Party to fill...  I would have also added Fine Tip glue to his eyes and nose... but... yup I only had 10 minutes... no drying time..
And hey my friend was VERY impressed... may make her a stamper yet....

And then I spent the whole day playing with my bears!!! Such fun..... Check some more out here tomorrow.... along with a Blog Hop too... 

Stampin Up ! Products used
Click on the links for more product information on my On Line Site...and feel free to pop him in your basket... as I do perfectly understand if you want him straight way!!!
Baby Bear
Ink Pads - Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Tip Top Taupe, Pool Party
Card - Tip Top Taupe
Papers - Subtles 12x12 Paper Stack
Other - Thick Stampin Pierce Mat

21 comments:

Wendie Waldman said...

Absolutely precious!

Amanda said...

Thanks Wendy and yes .... both bears are very precious to me!!!

Carolynn Sander said...

So cute, I want to climb in the photo & cuddle that bear! He really does looks soft & fluffy! I love the fancy folding also!

Amanda said...

Thank you Carolynn ... I have to admit to becoming Beary obsessed! Wait till tomorrow's post... My inner child has been released! Strange how a paper bear can be so good for your soul....

Shazallo52 said...

Such a beary cute card, love the colour scheme too. Beary good!

Amanda said...

Thank you Beary much Sharon... Beary appreciated!!

angels2mimi said...

Love it!!!!! He is so adorable

Anne said...

Love everything about this card Amanda. Can't wait to order this stamp. X

Amanda said...

Thank you... I totally agree with you that he is adorable...

Amanda said...

Thank you Anne... yes I bet you cannot wait!!! He is SO cute....

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable cute .... you will make everyone want to order that bear! Thanks for all the details! hugs, Denise Waddell

Amanda said...

Thanks Denise.... I think Baby Bear is speaking for himself!!! He is just too adorable...

Unknown said...

He's on the top of my "have to have" stamp set. He is soo adorable.

Amanda said...

He certainly is Debbie... Hope he arrives in your crafting space sometime soon.....

Unknown said...

how did you do the bow?

Amanda said...

I ink up and stamp the 2 bow parts as follows.... neat Pool Party detail stamp first...followed by stamped off Pool Party to fill With the background stamp.....

Unknown said...

do you stamp the bow on white paper and then cut out the bow? I tried to stamp on the bear but the colors mixed and it didn't look good. thanks for answering my questions.

Amanda said...

Yes the bow was stamped on Whisper White card and then hand cut. I also used a bone folder to stretch/shape the bow to add dimension.....

Unknown said...

thanks a lot for answering my question.

Hello all! said...

Amanda if you have the new Stampin Up Stamparatus it makes cards like this SOOO easy. I got mine last month and love using it.

Amanda said...

Lol! I certainly have the Stamparatus... I will have to give it a go.....