Thursday 5 May 2016

The green green door of home.....

 
Last but one of my On Stage Stampers Showcase samples... featuring the new 2016-18 In Color Emerald Envy ...with its co-ordinating ruched ribbon... and the new and coming Swirly Bird stamp set...
Now cough... and an admittance... I didn't actually like this card!! There I have said it! Too much bright green going on for my taste... but I was determined to do a green green door (of home) project... as well as some topiary using the Swirly Bird swirly flower stamp...

But as there are some other great features on the card ... and as also out of time... the card made it through to the display! Hope that the parts made up for the whole...!!
So other things to point out... 
  • great flagstones for the base using a Sahara Sand inked Brick Wall embossing folder and a piece of Sahara Sand...
  • I know that many of us will be lamenting the loss of the Wide Oval Punch used with our favourite Decorative Label... so I used a Project Life Cards & Labels die cut instead - which looks great too...
  • imagine it with a white door!! Much more subtle... 
  • this is a Centre Step Easel Card - link and tutorial for a white door version here

I also old favourites Hearth & Home dies, Brick Wall embossing folder, Circle of Spring stamps and co-ordinating Wonderful Wreath dies and the flowerpot from the Perfect Pines dies...all of which are happily carrying over...


No comments: