Saturday 7 May 2016

Jems Monthly Blog Hop

Introducing a new monthly feature for you... a monthly Blog Hop. These will be every first Saturday of the month... and will carry a specific theme for each hop... Carry on around the hop by pressing on the NEXT or BACK buttons at the bottom of the post depending on whether you want to go forwards or backwards! Your choice...


Either way there are many fantastic projects shown by my fellow team hoppers... the Jems are a talented bunch so you won't be disappointed...
So... for our first hop... we are featuring Retiring Products... not long to be able to purchase these... just till 31st May. Do remember that all current bundled items are now at 15% discount and that they will either not be available at all or not bundled anymore come the new Annual Catalogue on 1st June... Also cardstock is going up a few pennies a sheet... so stock up now... I will be ordering on Thursday night if you need anything....
So I am featuring.... the retiring Bravo stamp set (gonna really miss this one!), Shine On speciality papers (I have just grown to REALLY love these!), Itty Bitty Trio star punch (sorry all gone!) and last but not least Remembering Your Birthday (reduced in both wood and clear mount btw)

Bravo Photopolymer Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!Shine On Specialty Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up!Remembering Your Birthday Wood-Mount Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
I have made the card for my son's birthday tomorrow - no guesses as to his age! Hope he likes it as I have strayed a long way from the annual Real Red card.....
This is a Large Square Double Display Card from 12x12 card - metric tutorial here, imperial (inches) here... I cannot believe how easy one of these cards is with these papers - not a lot of prepping or decoration required as the paper(card) is so stiff in itself.... yippee!

And spot the details...
Cucumber Crush panel looks more like leather care of stamped off Cucumber Crush ink & You've Got This background stamp... the silver embossing making it all pop...
Silver Glimmer Large Numbers popped onto Cucumber Crush ones to add more definition...
Really pleased with this card... especially as so out of my usual comfort box with colours... It is just so quick for a card that gives such a WOW... even I will be buying some stock of these papers... as I am always running out of teen cards... and I reckon this will also look fabulous in Bermuda Bay and Watermelon Wonder!! And the embossed silver sides will look fabulous too...
Right time to carry on with the hop... Carry on around the hop by pressing on the NEXT or BACK buttons here... Your choice which way...
SU! Products used
Stamps - BravoRemembering Your Birthday (reduced in both wood and clear mount btw)
Papers -  Shine On speciality papers, Silver Foil Vellum, A4 Cucumber Crush card, Silver Foil, Silver Glimmer
Punches - Itty Bitty Trio star punch (all gone!)
Inks - Staz On Black, Versamark & Silver embossing powder

Directions - Metric tutorial here, Imperial (inches) here...
Obviously somewhat less layers of card & paper to cut than the original. The only other difference in the detail being the front central square mats - silver foil 10.5cm, cucumber crush 10cm so as to fit the Congratulations image...

14 comments:

karyn said...

fantastic and love the green a change is always good am sure your son will agree and happy birthday to him thanks for inspiration xx

Sharon said...

Absolutely love this Amanda! Think I may need to order those papers!x

Sarah Lindsay said...

Lovely card!

Samantha Carlton said...

Love this card and these papers..... I still have an unopened pack that I am keeping for myself! :)

Allie Jolliffe said...

Perfect teen male card! They are going to love the construction aspect!

lbroon said...

Wow! That card looks amazing!!!!

Unknown said...

Fab card as usual! I must attempt more fancy folds! Sam xx

Julie said...

Brill make as always and thanks for manning the crisis helpline lol ! x

cardsandacuppa said...

You are the mistress of 3d cards! I wish I had got these papers too. A fab make as always :-)

Anonymous said...

I haven't made it far around the hop yet - I'm last in line for computer privileges behind hubby and 3-year-old...) but I'm definitely coming back to the tutorial tonight! I haven't been a fan of these papers, but now I might have to put in a sneaky 11th hour order...

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I haven't made it far around the hop yet - I'm last in line for computer privileges behind hubby and 3-year-old...) but I'm definitely coming back to the tutorial tonight! I haven't been a fan of these papers, but now I might have to put in a sneaky 11th hour order...

Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Lovely x

Jules said...

Fabulous! I never know what to do with Cucumber Crush, you've definitely inspired me :)

vonniesworld said...

Great minds think alike Amanda, I love this stamp set, it's one of my favorites and I love what you have done with your makes, gonna have to case those me thinks, lol xx