Monday 21 September 2015

Living a creative life....

Saw this and had to share.... I think that this says it all...

I had to find something other than a project to share for today.... as I have had 24 hours of intermittent internet and them my husband transferring everything from one PC to another... Which means I haven't got a project photo to share! Lots of projects made and photoed... just no access to them! He promises me I will have them in a few hours!!

This is also the reason why the individual Team Training Woodland Cards weren't added later yesterday - they have been now...

This quote really got me thinking.... From a creative perspective.... And apologies for my ramblings.....

But I have an admittance for you - I am or get it wrong creatively loads of the time!

I make lots of things that go wrong!
Some go in the bin...
Most get altered or covered up....
Many of my wrongs get shown to - or even made by my ladies...
I even post some on here... Often with details of what went wrong too...

I am perfectly happy to admit that I got something wrong...
I am quite happy to share something I did wrong... That way most people don't make the same wrong!

I learn from everything that goes wrong...
Most importantly...My creative wrongs so often produce something right or just different... A new idea... A new technique... A new card design... A new style... I could go on for quite a long time here.... But it is so true...

I say lots of things that come out wrong!
Particularly annoying when I am explaining how to make something!
Usually I realise and re- step my tracks and say it again differently....
Apologies when I don't!

My ladies sometimes go wrong in a class....
The next person never makes the same wrong....
And we have all definitely learnt more creativity from the "how to cover this up" question....

I have definitely lost my fear.... Have you?

I guess that may be why I enjoy my creative life so much... Nothing to fear...
Now I just need to apply this to the rest of my life!

Yes, this quote really got me thinking..... but I will stop here....


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your thoughts--great way for me to start my day. I do learn more from my failures than my successes. So glad I'm not the only one.

Amanda said...

Thank you Barbara.. Yes it is great to know we are not alone! Yes I certainly learn more from the wrongs than the rights! And I do think that losing the fear is a huge part of moving onto a creative life rather than just making something....

Anne said...

This was good to read this morning Amanda. I've been having a lot of self doubts( again) I've not been able to concentrate properly on my makes and classes mainly due to worry with my mum. I had to cancel a class from Saturday just gone - will now be on 26th but not many can come and the effort of trying to come up with ideas as been overwhelming - lot gone in bin - so it was good to get this encouragement. Thank you. Anne x

Amanda said...

You know what I am going to say Anne! Do not doubt your creative self! Your work is ALWAYS fab! And remember this too... Only In our creative life can two wrongs can actually make a right! Maybe with a bit of covering up along the way .... Hope mum is getting along OK in the circumstances...