Friday 14 August 2015

Timeless Elegance Large Square Double Display Wedding Card

Gosh Fancy Fold Friday is here again! But... actually I think I have given you Fancy Fold Week this week...
So 3rd card in my Fancy Fold Card Timeless Elegance Class... the Large Square Double Display Card... This is definitely the most popular tutorial on my blog! Imperial (inches) tutorial here. And Metric (centimetres) here.

The only difference to those tutorials being the use of the extra Scallop Square on the front (with 3 7/8" Square mat & 3 5/8" paper to suit)  - and no little panel at the centre top and bottom (so only 4 required - not 6)
No apologies for using my retired Mr & Mrs stamp - it was always a keeper for me!
Again the flowers are fussy-cut out from one of the flowery pieces in the Timeless Elegance pack.

Then finished off with the lucky couples' initials... But... oops retired alphabet dies too... 

So that is 2 lots of retired and not available items! Sorry! So not like me!!
And here it is without those extra initials...
And here is the back - I tried a new way this time - simple but finishes it off nicely - liking it! 

As this card is made using the Imperial Tutorial - so with a finished 6" Square card size - the 2 extra paper pieces are just 5 3/4" high x 1" wide

Current SU! Supplies
Stamps - Big News
Papers - Timeless Elegance
Card - 12x12 Basic Black, Tip Top Taupe
Inks - New Archival Basic Black;Versamark & White embossing powder

6 comments:

Anne said...

Love it Amanda - some stamps etc are forever! I have to make a wedding card - well if time - life is very difficult at the moment - might well use that style. X

Amanda said...

Thank you Anne.. Hope you get the time to make a special card for that wedding card.... Sorry to hear that life is proving difficult at this time... Hope it turns soon....

Kristine said...

Wowzers, these just keep getting better and better :) My husband's nephew is getting married next month... gonna have to do another one of this style. I love the addition of the scalloped square on front. I don't have those, but maybe if I use SU!'s scallop border punch I can fake it ;) Thanks again for inspiring me. xx

Ewa S. said...

Amanda, that I thank you for the tutorial. Tutorial is great. Your blog is a treasure trove of wonderful tutorials. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Amanda said...

There are details on the web how to do squares and rectangles using the scallop edge punches... Worth a quick Google!

Amanda said...

So glad you like Ewa! My pleasure....