Saturday 4 July 2015

Tin of Cards #1

With the new catalogue...Stampin ' Up! released a very special kit of cards in a tin... This kit has already proven to be the most popular kit of all time... and so it has already been out of stock 3 times...

But I and a few friends were really lucky... they made a very quick decision on seeing the catalogue cover that they wanted to do the tin.... so I was able to quick off the mark to order... and so I got supplies... so we had a lovely day making lots of really easy cards...

So I have a few cards to share with you..... I will share the 14 cards I made from the tin over 4 posts this week...

Me being me hasn't quite done the intended cards!!! I wanted to do a few Fancy Fold cards as well as the straightforward ones.... Although all the card, paper and embellishments were in the tin and I did
get out a few additional stamp sets - just 4 extras above the co-ordinating Tin Of Cards set ... A Dozen Thoughts which we used quite a lot.... and Amazing Birthday & Flowering Flourishes and Something for Baby & Baby's First Framelits - which were just each used for a single card....

Oh and if you would like to do these at home - or join us at the Craft Spa here in Great Ouseburn, North Yorkshire to do the Tin of Cards class - which will be £25 - please do not hesitate to contact me - I would like to get the tins ordered asap - need to reserve my stock from the big batch being shipped over from the States! Though I cannot run my repeat class until August... which I am fine about!

And a funny story for you.... my friends just wanted the tin and the dividers...they didn't spot all the 16 cards that went with it... there again...neither did I when I first saw the tin!!! I just knew I had to have it too....

So this first batch of cards are the very sparkly gold foil striped collection!

The Hello card is much as Stampin' Up! intended with a bit of extra stamping ... but I had a play around with the other 3.
So we have a Congrats Tunnel Fold card suitable for a Wedding

A CAS Thank You card
And a CAS Happy Birthday card
And here is everything I used for the whole class session



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning cards Amanda ,looking forwards to your August class

Anne said...

They are great Amanda. Some of my ladies wanted to do it as an all day class but I don't think it's enough for an all day is it? Need to combine with something else possibly. X

Amanda said...

Hi Anne... I think SU! Designed cards would take 2 1/2 to 3 hours. My ladies did mine in 4 hours but with lots and lots more chatting going on than usual

Anne said...

Hi Amanda. My ladies do love to chat :-) and my friend puts on a fab lunch - might be wine involved as well so might work!!! I don't know why but they love coming here ! X

Amanda said...

Chat, lunch and wine...! You will need at least 5 hours! If I was local I would join you....