Saturday 8 June 2013

Pop N Cuts Die The Series – Sports Themed Cards – Rugby - and Cricket

Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, Pop N Cuts die, Rugby Posts (1)

I was very honoured to be asked to produce some Stampers Show Case projects for our monthly Team Newsletter this month – so I decided to focus on the Pop N Cuts card base and Dress Form insert. Suited me down to the ground as I got to have a nice play with a die!! And did I have a play… cards, boxes, bags, mini books, treat holders…… so this is the first post in a series of “Pop N Cuts – the Series”!!

This card was the first that I had to make. As soon as I saw the shape of the pop out…. rugby posts popped into my head…. to my delight as my son and friends are all keen rugby players!! And I have been racking my brains for Rugby themed SU! only cards for years!! Hence why there are 2 more samples shown below…. this time using photos of actual rugby balls… one for my sons’ club YORK RUFC and the other for Ireland…..

Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, Pop N Cuts die, Rugby Posts (3)

I hope to have a series of sports themed ones another day – I already have a list! In the meantime here is a cricket themed card made by Julie Kettlewell for her son within hours of seeing my rugby card!! Isn’t that fabulous! Glad to inspire someone SO quickly!!! I had to share this too Julie!!

So .. the details… for my Rugby Card.

The Rugby Posts are created using Window Sheets ( aka acetate) on the trimmed pop out portion with slivers of White cardstock on top.

The Rugby Post Protectors and Kicking Tee are created using the Modern Label Punch – perfect for the job!

The Rugby Ball is created by using the American Football image from the Great Sport set… with my trusty black ink and blender pen to colour it in!! Seemed to get away with it too!! No huge moans….

Come back soon for more feminine projects……

Stampin’ Up Supplies

Stamps – Great Sport; Word Play; Bring on the Cake

Dies – Pop N Cuts card base; Dress Form Insert

Punches – Modern Label

Cardstock & Papers – Bashful Blue; Certainly Celery ( both retiring very soon!); Real Red; Window Sheet

2 comments:

Marina said...

What a great design - I found your blog while searching for rugby card ideas. I hope you don't mind that I've pinned it for inspiration.

Amanda said...

Thank you Marina... No problem at all... and what a lively trip back for me! Funnily enough I have a new Rugby themed card design in my head at the moment.... just need to find the hours to make and share!