Sunday 10 February 2013

Jules Jems Training Swap & Sale A Bration Inspiration Station

2013_01 Jems Training ,Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, SAB, SU 074

Yesterday was the re-scheduled Jules Jems Training Day, the original date being postponed because of lots and lots of the white stuff!! Julie had asked me to do an Inspiration Station with projects produced using the Sale A Bration free products ( one free for every £45 ordered!!!) So I had a ball!!!  Though with 11 SAB exclusive items to go at… it took quite a while… but hey ho … a girl has to have a play from time to time….  Great Fun!!

2013_01 Jems Training ,Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, SAB, SU 075Here are a few shots of my Inspiration Table… some of the projects you have seen on here… and as you can see there are many more to come!! I tried to vary the level of projects – from the simplest of simples, through Classic CAS ( Clean & Simple), the Fancy Folds and some … well just concepts really!! And even a few “Sillies!”

 

2013_01 Jems Training ,Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, SAB, SU 076The Training Day itself was super! I really enjoy these days…. both socially and creatively….. Great bunch of ladies, some new friends, some long-time-no-see friends, many laughs, fantastic projects made, superb swaps, inspiring “talks” from Julie, 2 other fabulous Inspiration Stations from the incredibly talented Yvonne and Anne Marie (and Julies of course) … great food and … of course, fantastic Silver Anniversary cupcakes!! Thanks again Mell!  Want to see the projects and the cupcakes….. then go to Julie’s blog here…. They are definitely worth a look!

Madison Avenue, The Craft Spa, Sale A Bration, SAB, Stampin Up, SU  (9)

Talking of swaps… this was mine…. I found it so hard deciding on a project that could be quickly reproduced 44 times! CAS was obviously the way , it had to be A SAB project to link in with my Station and I challenged myself to use the stamp set that initially didn’t “swing it” for me… Madison Avenue… which I now absolutely LOVE!!!

The inspiration for the colour and the flower came from this card by fellow US demo Sandi MacIver (which I had also CASED  for my Inspiration Table – thanks to Sandi for being so willing to share her creation and for such a lovely e-chat!) The detail I had to add  - and share - was just in the little flower… the Itty Bitty Flower Punch is just perfect for punching out that little image in the stamp set… simples!

Madison Avenue, The Craft Spa, Sale A Bration, SAB, Stampin Up, SU  (13)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And here is my CASED sample of Sandi’s card … I am definitely a big fan of this Pool Party and Sahara Sand colour combination… on its own or with any other colour as a 3rd colour …. so it allows for great flexibility for my class ladies who all have their favourite, but different, colour.

2 comments:

Girlie Pink said...

Wow your inspiration station looks fabulous and I love your card. I'm sorry I missed the training. Next time hopefully x

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all your lovely inspiration - your 'station' was fab and has given me so many ideas x